~Holiday Yumms are Tasty for You but Maybe not so Much for Your Pet~
Many of us are already deep into the Holiday spirit. Having already enjoyed our Goble-fest (or coma-inducing feast depending on who you talk to) we may already have several holiday-themed beverages in the fridge just waiting for us when we get home from work. The cookies and pies are aplenty. Homemade chocolate delights secretly grace the counters. Yet we still must decide what other divine pastry creation we’d like to indulge in next. All the while our furry best friends are patiently waiting and watching, hoping to get their fair share of the bountiful delights.
Unfortunately, the majority of these mouthwatering treats are not so good for our pets. Some are even outright poisonous! The list of toxic foods is long and there are some that, while they aren’t life threatening, can cause serious tummy troubles to our fur-kids. There are also several holiday plants, such as poinsettias, that are very toxic. We often bring these home in the holiday spirit without thinking about the possible harm they may cause. Taking the proper precautions with our holiday extras and making sure they are put up and out of reach from our pets could prevent serious mishaps and help to make sure that the only holiday drama we have to endure is during our shopping excursions!
For a list of harmful foods and plants please visit the ASPCA website where they have compiled a very thorough list including not only plants but foods and household products.